Sunday, February 15, 2009

We did it



















We have all been sick and have had lack of sleep to say the least! But, we did it! Okay, so it was only a 3K. But when your sick the only thing that sounds fun, is sleep! But, we made ourselves get out of bed, and we did it! It was so much fun!

Luke got second place in the 3K. My guess is that there were AT LEAST two hundred people people doing the 3K. Josh and I were so far behind, we didn't even get to see him come in for the win!

We also got to hear Josh's brother Dan and our brother in law Geoff's band! They did SO awesome! Josh and I were really impressed and enjoyed hearing and watching them!
Jake had to stay with Candis because he couldn't stop coughing, and the cold only seems to make a cough worse. We definitely wished he could have been there with us! It was such a great experience!!
Great job Jamie for ALL your hard work! We are so proud of you! Your love and service for those girls is definitely inspiring! I know that not many people will know all the sweat, and tears that went in on your behalf. Your AMAZING!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i would delete the above comment. Anyway, thanks for coming! There were about 300 people in the 1 mile race. Luke did awesome! I wish I could have heard more of the boys band, but I was too busy being crazy! lol

Suni said...

I hope you are all feeling BETTER!! That is so awesome you guys did that what a great thing! Lets meet up next week!!

Rachel said...

I'm so proud of you guys and Luke. That's awesome that he came in 2nd. I loved the story about Scarlet Fever too. Sweet Luke! Wish we could have been there. Maybe someday my life will slow down or maybe I'll learn to keep up with it better. I can dream.

L4GWTW said...

That is great that he was in second place. Way to go. That is a great thing to do as a family. Stacey

foreveryoung said...

What a fun day for such a great cause, I really wish I could have been there! You look so pretty by the way, your hair is getting so long!

Kate said...

Hey Jackie! I'm so glad you found my blog. Can I just say that you look like a model in that picture in your header? I'm excited that we can stay in touch better now :)Oh, and good job on the run!

Summer said...

How fun! You are soo good for going through with it! We missed you at the game last night! I just got your message from last month! I don't get emailed when people make comments! It's so annoying! We should totally hook up soon and do something SUPER fun! Call us!