Thursday, February 12, 2009

He's going to Die

My poor little man Hunter has been sick with a high fever for about 3 days now. He started to get a rash yesterday and was still really grumpy. So, Josh took him to the Dr's tonight. Turns out, he has Scarlet Fever and Strep. He has a swollen tongue, and a rash on his tongue which the Dr pointed out! (my bad) Anyway, Luke overheard me talking and got very upset that Hunter has Scarlet Fever. You see, he did a report on Thomas Edison and remembered reading a book that said Thomas got very sick as a young boy and almost died from Scarlet Fever. Luke was all teary eyed and said "He's going to Die!!" Fortunately, we have antibiotics and he will be okay! He is making a get well card for him right now! How sweet!!

6 comments:

The Jackson's said...

I think it is the worst thing in the world for kids to get sick. My little one is just getting better. I am so glad to hear Hunter will be ok and won't die! You have such sweet kids and poor Luke was probably so stressed out!

Shauna said...

Oh, that is so sad! I hope Hunter gets well soon ... and I feel bad for poor Luke being so worried! He is so sweet!

DavidJohn Wyatt said...

That's cute. And sad. I hope he gets better! Monday is probably not good but what about Tuesday or Thursday?

foreveryoung said...

Oh man, I didn't know people still got scarlet fever, how scary! Good thing he's got such a sweet big brother to take care of him (and some good drugs)! How was the race today? I was totally planning on doing it, but getting stitches in my foot kinda changed the plans. Happy V-day!

L4GWTW said...

That is so cute that he would be so worried. I remember my Mom had Scarlet Fever once I think she was pregnant with my sister. I hope he is doing better, there is nothing worse then a grumpy sick child. Stacey

Lachelle said...

Awww, poor little Hunter. And Luke has a very sweet heart to be so concerned about his little brother! Your family is too cute!!