Friday, July 3, 2009

Scorpion Hunt
















We decided it would be fun to go hunting for Scorpions! The kids have there cousins visiting from Cali. Colin decided to sleep here tonight. He knows we have found SO many in our home! Colin was getting tired and jumped in bed. Before he pulled up the covers. I said "Wait.. let's check for Scorpions." Bad move on my part... I think I worried him a little! So, we decided we would venture outdoors with our black light and search for them. We found TWO! One of them being right outside our door inches from our window and one next to the pool! Yikes! GROSS! YUCK! EWE!! I do not like Scorpions. But searching for them is REALLY cool! I should have turned the flash off of my camera, so you can see them glow! VERY COOL! After seeing them the boys realized they are not so much scary, as they are just really UGLY!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

good idea! I was just chatting with a lady at school and she said they have found 75 at their home in the last month

Kate said...

Way to make lemonade Jackie! :) You're awesome.

Rachel said...

We're totally coming over to do that! Although just seeing the picture made my skin crawl, I'm sure the boys would love it. Love the pictures of your kidos in the last post. They are not kinda cute by the way. They are SO cute!(and they don't even look anything like mine...ha ha)

Kathi said...

I just found one in my laundry room Sunday...I haven't been in there since. I wouldn't want to know how many there really was in my yard! You are brave.

Summer said...

EWWW! I would freak if we found ANY! We actually just saw our first scorpion when we were in a field in Goodyear...watching fireworks! (knock on wood) 4years in Arizona...that's pretty good! You are so brave to go out with them! They look like they were having fun!!

Suni said...

You are a FUN mom! I hate scorpions! Hope you are having fun in Cali!

foreveryoung said...

Uggg! I HATE scorpions, but scorpion hunting is always a favorite around here too.