Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Jake

Jake turns 6 today!

Jake is our most complicated child in many ways! He is one of those mysterious guys hard to figure out, and really hard to read! But, he is the greatest! Of all my kids, he has been the easiest to please! He has such a dominate older brother who dictates when the kid can even breathe. So, he has just learned to be a little pleaser. Most of the time, he takes last pick, or he's the last to play. He has just learned that it's easier to wait for what you want than to get beat up by your big brother! Sad.. but true! Poor guy always hears me say just a minute Jake, wait Jake, almost Jake. Only because I know that he is the most patient and the least likely to scream at me for having to wait! He makes my life so much easier, and I appreciate him so much for that! Most people who know Jake, know how incredibly shy he is. He didn't want to have a party because he was too embarrassed! There was no way he was going to have that many people over with their attention on him. He actually refused!! He won't even talk to me when I go to his school. The kids all laugh and say "He is so shy", because he wont even acknowledge me. He told me that I am embarrassing because I talk TOO much and to everyone. :) OUCH!! Most people don't get to know his real personality. He is a funny, goofy little boy! He is also a very sweet little boy! He is definitely a daddy's boy though. Whenever our family wrestles. Which is started by mommy and daddy wrestling. It is always Luke, Summer, Hunter and I against Jake and Josh. The team NEVER changes. It's very cute! I am glad that Josh has one child who is loyal! :) Although, I am working hard for Jake to come to the other side! Well, in a nut shell. Our family LOVES Jake! Luke might be hard on him. But, they are best friends!! They do everything together. And Luke is his little comforter at school and on the bus. Jake is so happy to have an older brother to protect him. Typical brothers.. Nobody but ME is allowed to mess with MY brother! :) We love Jake and we are so grateful he is in our family!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

And you didn't think you'd be able to blog...I love this blurb about Jake. Connor had a great time. I'm so glad they're such good friends.